Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Bob Dylan's Paintings

From Guardian Unlimited:

Bob Dylan has been painting for years - but it has fallen to a tiny gallery in eastern Germany to stage his first exhibition.

Dylan began drawing after taking lessons from New York teacher Norman Raeben in the 60s following a serious motorcycle accident. In his Chronicles, published in 2004, he wrote: "What would I draw? Well, I guess I would start with whatever was at hand. I sat at the table, took out a pencil and paper and drew the typewriter, a crucifix, a rose, pencils, knives and pins, empty cigarette boxes. I'd lose track of time completely ... Not that I thought I was any great drawer, but I did feel like I was putting an orderliness to the chaos around." He later went on to draw some of his own record covers.

Link

No comments: